Saturday, March 20, 2010

can't hide or deny this belly!

8 weeks down, probably 29 more to go. When I word it like that, it seems like this pregnancy is just flying by! Given the fact that I've had all my babies around the 37th week of pregnancy, it seems like that's a good guess. This week sweetcheeks is about the size of a kidney bean...
kinda hard to believe that we all start out so small!

This week went by pretty well, a couple days of serious nausea and some days where I felt just peachy. I'm exhausted pretty much all the time. Last night it was about 9pm and I was watching my DVR'd episode of Project Runway. I remember the challenge, I remember the teams, I remember what the judges said about the designs they didn't like. And then I fell asleep. Woke up on the couch around midnight, B was playing on the wii and I just barely climbed the 13 steps upstairs to my bed, where I promptly laid until 9am this morning. And guess what? Not even 5 hours after waking up, I'm tired again!

The older boys kinda ''get'' it. When I was sick earlier in the week I explained that sometimes when mommy's are growing a baby inside, it's hard to eat some foods. Bubba without missing a beat replied "cause the baby is getting bigger and bigger and bigger and dere is no room for yots of food?" I said ''Yep". "Oh....and dat's why you're tired too?" And I told him that my body was working really really hard at growing the baby and sometimes it made my tummy hurt and sometimes it made me tired but it would be worth it when we had the baby. "You mean my baby sister?" um... "Well either your baby sister or maybe another baby brother."

He looks at me like I'm a total idiot and replies "Girl babies are sisters Mom, not brothers."

2 comments: