Monday, March 15, 2010

i'm nauseous, i'm nauseous....

Ugh. The title pretty much sums it up. I'm living in a state of constant nausea. I feel like filbert on Rocko's Modern Life. Sitting in a corner rocking back and forth just repeating ''i'm nauseous...i'm nauseous'' sounds pretty do-able right now.
*this post contains no cute stories or pictures of the little dudes, just me journaling this pregnancy. reading may induce sleepiness. consider yourself warned.* 
I've actually gotten sick a few times {let's just say I won't be eating Chinese food, oh...ever again} but I actually prefer that because I usually feel better afterward. It brings a little relief. This constant feeling of motion-sickness with a side of hangover is a bit much. Add to that the fact that I still have to cook for the little dudes and mama's not eating very much these days.

Red meat is a huge no-no...the smell, flavor and even sight of raw ground beef is enough to push me over the edge. We've eaten a lot of chicken and soups lately. As well as fast-food. I know, it's not the greatest health-wise for anyone but it seems to be a necessary evil right now. And some days are worse than others, as are times of day. Mornings are the worse; I don't even try to eat anything until after 10am and then it's usually nothing to do with breakfast. Yesterday morning I had ramen noodles...for breakfast. Today I had a little 'breakfast' pizza. Saturday morning it was a Colby-Jack cheese stick and Ritz crackers. The thought of milk, makes me cringe. Pouring the boys cereal is the morning is rough.

Luckily when I am hungry, it's been for pretty decent things. Any really cold fruit hits the spot; strawberries, grapes and granny smith apples have all be devoured without the slightest hint of nausea. Cheese is a go-to as well. Especially Colby-Jack. Orange juice (ironically enough) helps a lot. Little sips and I feel much better. Fortunately, I've been able to keep down my pre-natal vitamin (with bubba and pooks that never stayed!) and it's a really great pre-natal. I've noticed that the nights I take it right before bed, I wake up feeling less nauseous. I'm actually considering taking it in the mornings, which I've never been able to stomach in previous pregnancies.

Other than the nausea, I feel pretty good. By evening I'm pretty tired but I notice the more I keep busy, the better I feel. Obviously the little dudes keep me busy so overall, I can't complain. At least I'm not worshiping the porcelain throne non-stop---that's the worse! I'm really trying to cherish this pregnancy and not complain too much...so far, it's been the easiest!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you aren't feeling well, but it is a sign of a healthy pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete