Wednesday, July 28, 2010

3rd Trimester here we come! Woohoo!!

Today I had my 28 Week appointment with Dr.P. Everything is going wonderfully. As of Friday I am officially in my 3rd trimester. My body is like a well oiled baby-growing machine...you know having four pregnancies in four years does have it's payoffs. So far I'm up a total of 9lbs, my blood pressure is staying steady at 120/64, Sweetcheeks' heartbeat was 148 and she is head down. Not that that really matters, as Dr. P said ''She could still flip 20 more times". My uterus is measuring about 2 weeks ahead but that's normal for subsequent pregnancies. I had my glucose tolerance test today and passed with flying colors. I had to come in at under 140 (what? mg...I think...I'm not sure) and mine was 115.

My only ''problem'' is the constant aching pain in my right hip. Because it's been persistent for over a month, he is referring me to a physical therapist. Normally he would suggest wearing a maternity support belt but because I've been dealing with it for awhile and nothing I can do at home is helping (Tylenol, heating pad, massage, chiropractic care, etc) he wants to take the next step. I've had 2 of the 3 boys without any pain medication during delivery and a natural childbirth is very important to me. If I were to have back labor on top of this hip pain, we are both worried with how well I would be able to manage the pain on my own. So I'll meet with a physical therapist who may have me wear a support belt and show me different stretches and ways to manage the pain and hopefully, correct it. He's had other patients whose pain completely disappeared in TWO weeks. Here's hoping!

My next appointment is on Aug 27th, it's a normal appointment and on that date I'll schedule another ultrasound. I seriously cannot believe we're this close to the end...less than 86 days to go!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about the hip pain, I'm going to be praying they can find a solution quick! I just have achy hips during the night from sleeping on my sides, but I would really hate having it more intense and all the time. And I can't believe how thin you have stayed, only 9lbs?! I need to know your secret ;p Congrats on getting to the 3rd T.

    ReplyDelete