Friday, August 27, 2010

She's 4lbs 9oz...already!?

Today I am 32 weeks. According to babycenter.com:
By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby.
First off, what the heck is a jicama? Secondly, it's saying that a baby at Sweetcheeks gestation typically weighs 3.75lbs. Oh how wrong they are about this baby. Today I had an appointment with Dr. P and an ultrasound. My uterus is measuring almost THREE weeks bigger. He said that measuring ahead is fairly normal in your 2nd, 3rd, 19th...whatever, pregnancy. I'm up 11lbs and Dr.P said there is no reason for concern unless baby girl was measuring small via ultrasound. (A "normal" weight gain at this point is around 20lbs). My blood pressure was an awesome116/64 and her heartbeat was 150bpm.  At my next appointment on Sept 10th, I'll be 34 weeks and have my first cervical check.

At 3:45 today, I had an ultrasound. We now know that Sweetcheeks is head down, looks healthy, has 10 toes, she is indeed a she, and she is a chubber-butt! Her heartbeat was 148bpm, the fluid level was great, and she is measuring almost a week ahead of schedule. She weighed in at a whopping 4lbs 9oz!
This pic is of her face (on the right side) she was blinking a lot and had her arm up on her head the entire time. I think the sono tech said that dark circle on her belly is her stomach...although i couldn't really hear her over her brothers....

Now I've never had an 8lb baby, but I am nervous. My ''biggest'' baby was Bubba who weighed 7lbs11oz and I'm afraid Sweetcheeks will be bigger than that. {Figure a 1/2lb for each week of pregnancy, I'll probably be pregnant at least another 4 weeks...that's 2  more pounds so that's a ROUGH estimate of 6lbs9oz...at just 36 weeks.} If for some reason I were to carry til 40 weeks, we're talking about a 9lb baby. EEK!  The important thing is that she is healthy...and reminding myself that I'll probably already be at least 3cm dilated when ''real'' labor starts, that means I'll be a third done before I even start!

2 comments:

  1. My guess is you will have her before sooner before she weighs 8lbs, just my guess though! I'm putting my money on a mid-Sept babe...

    And I thought you meant chubby face cheeks in your text, I didn't realize you meant tushy! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Katie, I meant both! She is overall a chubby little thing and she has chubby cheeks (face cheeks, that is). :D

    ReplyDelete