Sunday, August 29, 2010

Surprise!

I woke up yesterday planning on having a 'Spa Day' with Nanaw. She told me about 3 weeks ago that we had appointments for pedicures, haircuts and eye-brow waxes. I was beyond thrilled! I haven't had any of the above since May, so I was overdue.

So I ran to Starbucks and got my usual Iced Venti Half-Caf Carmel Macchiato {that my mom mocks me for ordering} and headed to her house. From there, we went straight to the nail salon where our feet were soaked, pampered, lotioned and painted. It was an hour of pure bliss! When that was done it was 10:35 and we had to head over to the hair salon. Nanaw stopped at a convenience store to get a drink and said there was one ''quick'' errand she had to make before our appointment. I'm thinking, Dude we are so going to be late but went with it. That is, until she told me that I had to wear a blindfold. Say what? I look like a psycho; it's 11am on a Saturday and I'm sitting here with a purple bandana tied over my eyes. So she reclines the seat and tells me to ''relax''. Riiiight.

I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I was born with an internal GPS. I hate, loathe and despise being lost or not knowing where I am. So I told her that it really was overkill, I'd know where she went regardless but she insisted. And I was right, I told her when it felt like we were going in circles in a parking lot, I told her when we were by the mall. Then she turns down the ONE brick road that is still in this town and I instantly knew where we were at. After driving around for what seems like forever, we stop. She has me get out of the car, still blindfolded and walk...I don't know  50 feet or so into a building where she removes the blindfold. We were at the Family Center that we've used for all the boys' 1st birthday parties.

I could hear voices down the hall and lo and behold, tons of my closest girl friends and family members were there! I was shocked. My mom had acted a bit weird earlier in the week, mostly about lunch so I thought maybe someone was joining us for lunch as a surprise. I never expected a shower...let alone a big one with 20+ people there! It was amazing and I was so surprised to find out that people had drove from other STATES to attend. Katie was in from Denver and her and Mom#2 were throwing/hosting the shower, Becky came all the way from Columbia, MO. Plus I learned later that this had been under-wraps from months and the planning, organizing and inviting had all happened via Facebook. It was great, the only thing that would have made it even better was if Auntie Michelle would have been able to attend but alas she was throwing a baby shower for another friend's first baby. *Yes, pregnancy is in the water around here...watch out!*

Katie graciously emailed me all the pictures, here are a few:
and a close up of the above outfit from Stacy and Paula....
HOW FREAKING PERFECT IS THAT!? I was floored when I saw it, I love it to pieces and I'm glad it's a 9mos size..it'll fit her for awhile!

Ms. Sweetcheeks managed to snag 3 Piggy banks. I think they are adorable and that it's a great start to a collection!
The entire shower was amazing. From the Mr. Goodcent's subs, to the homemade cake, to the gifts, games, prizes and favors. Katies did a ''Guessing Game'' and guests had to guess how many hairbows were in a jar...not only were there 47 bows but they were all handmade by her and a gift for Sweetcheeks. The girl is set for life! Thank you so much to all those involved and who attended, it was beyond wonderful!

3 comments:

  1. How exciting!!! I love all the pictures on FB too. She is going to be one spoiled little princess! Have fun sorting through all of the pink. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...sorry I couldn't be there. Looks like it was a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad I could come...I had a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete