Saturday, November 13, 2010

Ramblings

It's midnight on a Friday, B and I are catching up on DVR'd shows. Sure I could be sorting through the flotsam in the basement before the movers/packers come but since we STILL don't have a date for that, it feels a little early. Instead I'm eating leftover mac&cheese cold, right out of the fridge. It's been a whirlwind of a week. Last Saturday, I caught the stomach bug...Peanut followed suit just hours later. By Sunday night, B was vomiting. Monday morning on our way out the door to school with seemingly healthy kids, Pooks threw up all over the living room. Then the sofa. Then himself. Hours later he was on the potty, Sweetcheeks had just vomited all over the bathroom floor, Peanut was poopy and I was exhausted! This went on until Tuesday night. Wednesday and Thursday B was completely out of commission so everything fell on me.

I love my kids, I love my husband and overall I love my entire family but man was this week tiring! Not just the illness but the stress of moving, trying to look at houses online, laundry, dishes, diapers, meals, bathtimes, bedtimes...it was all just intensified this week. I'm glad it's over.

Today we were all healthy, up and about. We joined the boys on their school field trip to the museum, we went out to lunch, we ran errands...and it was absolutely wonderful to feel normal again! Next week we will hopefully drive down to TX on a house hunting trip, then on Friday it will be Peanut's 2nd birthday. I cannot believe that he is two! Honestly, he acts so much older so it isn't shocking that he is two years old, but more shocking that my "baby boy" is almost two. His speech is really excelled, especially compared to his brothers at this age, his understanding is even higher. He loves to say things like ''What happened?" when he does something (like turns off the TV) but doesn't quite understand why. We won't be having a big party for him, which is a first for one of my kids. But with his birthday being less than a week before Thanksgiving, in the middle of a move across 3 states...it just isn't feasible. We'll be having cupcakes with a few of his little friends here at home, then on Thanksgiving when we're with the whole extended family, we'll have a Birthday cake and presents. I think we'll go with Elmo...he loves Sesame Street and Elmo is his favorite. He loves helping with Sweetcheeks and is very protective. Speaking of, Sweetcheeks is now 5 weeks (well, almost 6) old. That's over a month old. That is insane. And she's getting chubby...
Look at those pudgy little fingers. The way her chunky little cheeks rest on me. When we bathe her, we have to make sure to tip her head way back so we can make sure to clean between her neck rolls. True story. Lint collects in the crevices. She's going through {what I hope is a phase} where she nurses on the hour every single evening. She's start around 7pm, nurse for 15 minutes, then pass out. Then 8pm, nurse for 15 mnutes, then pass out. 9pm she'll nurse for a bit then stay awake for 30-45minutes. 10pm, yep she'll nurse again. Around 11pm she'll nurse again and fall asleep for good. Then she'll *usually* sleep from midnight-4:30am...sometimes after 5am. So yes, the cluster feeding is exhausting in the evenings but the 5 hours of sleep is nice. Speaking of..it's 12:30 now so I'm eating away at my precious sleep. I'll try to be better about blogging and sharing pics, I promise. Life's just really busy right now!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like we were both up nursing at the same time last night. ; ) Glad to hear that everyone is well again!

    ReplyDelete