Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Big Kahuna...

Well we're back in the Great state of Texas. We spent 10 days in Kansas and the primary reason for our visit was celebrated on the 9th day. Yep on Saturday we celebrated Grandma B's 100th Birthday!! Can you even imagine being 100 years old? It just amazes me when I see her holding Sweetcheeks and think "Gosh, she is holding her kid's kids', grandkid." I mean it literally just makes me stop in awe. She was born in 1911. She has lived through so many things in her life! Not just era's but all that comes with them, the good and the bad. And she is still in pretty good health! She gets around with a walker and a bit of help, her eye sight is great, her mind is all there and if you yell pretty loud, she can still hear you :)

Needless to say, we had family come from EVERYWHERE to celebrate. Michigan, Texas, Germany, Ohio, Illinois...we were all there. It was a wonderful day. I mean that; there was no family drama or bickering, the little kids all behaved awesome {with no naps, I might add!}, the weather was perfect....it was just a really nice day.
The Birthday Girl

 We started with an "Open House" Birthday Party at the Church, then headed back to Grandma's house so Great Grandma could rest, then finished out the evening at a big buffet restaurant that could accommodate all of us.
Maggie with her Great-Great {i think! it's my grandmas sister} Aunt Sue and Great Grandma Phyllis
 

Getting snuggles from Aunt Nathalie {my great aunt}

My Dad and Papa
5 Generations of Girls! {the boys would not stop playing for photos}



Case in point: playing Duck, Duck, Goose with cousin Isabelle

Maggie, myself and Her Great-Grandpa Barry (aka Papa)
My cousins, Stephanie (from Ohio) and Cassandra (stationed in Germany) flew home for a visit

 And at the dinner we got this sequence of photos...
Grandma with her {surviving} kids
Grandma with her grandkids
Grandma with her great grandkids

Grandma with her great-great grandkids
I am so glad that we were able to make the trip up and share the special day with her. I love knowing that my kids will have such fond memories of her!

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! Sounds like you had a great trip!! You are very blessed that you have so many generations still living!! Maggie looks so cute in her little dress and the boys looked like they had a great time!! Charlotte;)

    ReplyDelete