Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Nanaw and Papa visit(ed) Italy: Nove


Okay so we returned home from Germany/Austria really late Saturday night. Sunday we rested! We did laundry, relaxed. I think we went and got groceries and generally just recooperated from our whirlwind week of Pisa/Germany/Austria.

On Monday, we left the kids at home with B and I took my parent's back to Nove. Nove is a tiny town known for their ceramics. VBC is the ''big'' place to go, with the factory and shop where their produce many of their own ceramics but also ceramics for the labels of Tiffany and Co, William Sonoma, and Lenox. It's a great way to stock up and get really nice name brand pieces at a fraction of the cost. We had attempted to stop in Nove earlier in their trip but mistakenly arrived on a Saturday and everything was already closed.

This was not the case Monday. While I only took a few photos, just know that Nanaw was like a kid in a candy store!
Above, Nanaw is looking at a collection of Mosaic pieces. They are truly gorgeous. Everything from sunflowers, lemons, or olives, to scenes of Venice, Tuscan hills and the Italian Riviera. The small mosaic salt and pepper sets are €10, the bigger pieces go up from there but nothing I inquired about was more than €65.

Every single American who I've seen in VBC automatically says "Oh my gosh, it's like Italian Fiestaware" when rounding the corner to this aisle. Aren't the colors just beautiful? I did not in any way edit this photo...that is simply how bright they are.

And below, are some of the 'upscale department store' pieces I was talking about. The ceramic basket pieces are Tiffany and Co. Most of the dishes are Lenox. The platter on the right top shelf, that's Tiffany and Co and it retails for $115 on their website. I believe it was around €24. The woven basket in front of the platter, the one with the handles, I bought for €20.
If you are stationed here, I highly recommend driving up to Nove. It's 18 minutes from our house, but not far from post either.


The shop is open:
Monday to Friday from 08.30 - 12.30 and from 14.00 to 18.00
Saturday from 08.30 - 13.30.
Address: 
LA CERAMICA VBC
Via Molini 45 - 36055
Nove (Vicenza) Italy

1 comment:

  1. Good Evening: My name is Mantana and I own a Thai cooking school in small town VA. I am going to Nove to buy some ceramic but I have to ship it home. Is that wise or should I just forget it? (Because the price will make it more than what you pay in the U.S.A.) I would love,love to have some of these ceramic. Love your post.
    Thanks.
    I am on face book under: sml International cooking school. M.H.

    ReplyDelete